Chalwyn Spark Arrestors help mitigate the risk of fire from the ignition of flammable materials caused by spark emission from diesel engine exhaust. They are a basic but key safety feature for both hazardous area and lower risk diesel engine applications such as forestry or agriculture where a stray spark may cause ignition of combustible material.
Virtually all legislation with regard to operating a diesel engine in a hazardous area includes a mandatory requirement to fit a properly tested and approved exhaust spark arrestor.
- Where spark emission from a diesel engine exhaust could lead to the ignition of flammable material
- Offshore platforms and drilling rigs
- Refinery vehicles and equipment
- Forklift trucks in defined hazardous areas
- EN 1834 certified for safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Utilized globally in the oil and gas industry
- Constructed from stainless steel (14404/316) for corrosion resistance and longevity
- Wide range available-up to 750 kW (1005 hp)
- Meets engine manufacturers’ published back pressure specification providing emission conformance, good noise attenuation (SSL), and exceptional spark-arresting abilities
- SSN specially designed to meet the requirements of the latest generation of low emission diesel engines