Diesel Engine Shutdown Valve
Pneumatically operated diesel engine air intake closure valves based on the standard Chalwyn slimfit 3”, 5” and 8” bore butterfly valves with variants for both hazardous and non-hazardous areas.
Available in basic flange mounted form or supplied fitted with hose adaptors or an integral flame trap housing (3” valves only).
Body and disc manufactured in corrosion resistant hard anodised aluminium with PTFE coating. Suitable for salt air offshore environments.
PVX-300, PVX-500, PVX-800
- Failsafe application to meet EU ATEX 94/9/EC defined hazardous areas
- Zone 1 and 2 applications to EN 1834 engine safety standards
- US offshore engines to Class 1 Div 2 and Div 1 safety standards
- International offshore platform engine installations
PVX-301, PVX 501, PVX 801
- Petrochemical and LNG refineries
- All international areas where non-failsafe is permitted
- US offshore BOEMRE 2011 Safety Standards
- Zone 2 fire pump engine offshore applications
- Vehicles with air brakes
- Fuel tankers
- Emergency vehicles
- Vacuum trucks
- Simple direct air pressure operation
- Build options to either open or close on the application of air pressure
- Automatic reset on loss of air pressure
- Valve status indicator
- Combination of body sizes and hose adaptors to suit air intake diameters from 38 mm (1 1/2 inches) to 203 mm (8 inches)